13 Mar 2010

Birthday wishes do come true. Game is repaired.

Game behaving as it should, not changing stuff today too much on my brithday! Will stay away from boards if at all possible.
Did confirm that the Orbit pin coil is getting fouled by the wires running from the backboard /playfield to the head. Found that some rerouting and tucking them back under the playfield before putting it down stops this. Must remember to check fire the orbit pin from Coil Diags each time I close the playfield.

Only mod today was to add 2 GI Red LEDs, one by Orthanc where it was shining in my eyes- you get the red from the optos there anyway.  I also put one under the ring ramp.
Note: These LEDs have since been removed and replaced with #44 colored bulbs on 26th March.
Another good tip from Steve Marsh is to unscrew the lamp sockets from underneath:
"I think the yellow bulbs along the back and under the ramps, and green bulbs under the slings and along the left side (incl. under the left ramp) really look great. Bulbs are easy to switch by unscrewing the sockets from below. Takes seconds with a power screwdriver, and each socket has a rubber grommet holding the screw to the socket."
I ordered some yellow #44 bulbs today, I have the glass paint to make green ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment